I am excited to have been nominated by Living the Q Life for the Liebster Award! Estoy agradecido para recibir una nominación para el Premio Liebster de Living the Q Life.
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. This is the way recognize and appreciate fellow bloggers and also promote our blogs. El Premio Liebster es un premio que solo existe en internet, y es premiado de los blogueros a otros blogueros para reconocer y apreciar nuestros colegas de blog y promocionar nuestros blogs.
How the LIEBSTER AWARD Works:
These aren’t so much rules but rather guidelines to keep this chain of awards going when you decide to accept the award. Son más un guía que reglas para seguir con esa cadena de premios cuando elige aceptar el premio.
- Write a blog post about your nomination, displaying an image of the award. Escribir una entrada de blog sobre tu nominación con el imagen del premio.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. Agradecer la persona que te ha nominado y incluir un link a su blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post. Contestar las 11 preguntas que la persona quien te ha nominado te ha preguntado en su post.
- Nominate 5 to 11 other new bloggers who you think deserve this award and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer. Nominar 5-11 más blogueros que piensas que merecen este premio y piensa en 11 preguntas para que contesten.
- List these rules in your blog post. Incluir eses normas en su entrada de blog.
My Questions To Answer/Las Preguntas Que Tengo Que Contestar Yo
- What destination/location are you most excited to see in 2016 and why?
I was pretty excited about Prague. At the moment, I’m excited about crossing Zamora and Huesca off my Spanish province list and hopefully some amazing places on the Camino del Norte this summer
- What travel experience pushed you out of your comfort zone and why?
Any time I have to stay with strangers, as I deal with social anxiety. So the albergue on the Camino del Norte pushed me entirely out of my comfort zone. I survived.
- Do you like to plan every detail of your trip or prefer to “wing it”?
A little bit of both. I plan how many days I’m going to be in a city/place and wing what I do there when I arrive. I read guidebooks, so I have a plan, but I like to explore and find places on my own.
- Have you travelled someplace that really surprised you? Why was it so surprising?
Cinque Terre surprised me the most as I thought it was going to be a tranquil, peaceful connection with nature. Instead, there were so many tourists that finding peace and quiet was extremely difficult.
- Have you eaten anything that you thought you would never have eaten?
I still have yet to try octopus or txiporones en su tinta, two specialties from Spain’s North Coast. I have eaten cactus and alligator though.
- What is your favorite thing about travelling?
The unexpected, the seeing and experiencing new things, the excitement and breaking of routine. Everything except airports, really.
- Do your friends and family ask you why you travel? What do you say to them?
I think they understand my desire to see the world. I’m a Sagittarius, and a lot of Sagittarians have a need to explore the world. Usually if they have to ask, they’re not someone who will stick around my life too long!
- What is your next travel destination?
Not sure. I think Bayona and San Juan de Luz in Basque France, but I may take off somewhere as soon as tomorrow depending on the weather! The weather plays a large part in travel plans in the North of Spain.
- Do you have a favorite time of the year to travel and, if so, what is it and why?
My main travel time is at Easter due to having time off and money. In the summer, I have a lot of time but not a lot of money, and in the winter it’s the opposite. So Semana Santa has been my biggest travel time of the year.
- If you could be a villain for a day, who would you be and why?
Maybe Cruella de Ville or Ursula, two of my fave Disney villains. If Spike from Buffy counts as a villain, I would be him.
- If you could have any 6 people over for a dinner party, who would you invite?
Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga, Felicity Huffman, Nick Hornby, Pedro Almodóvar and Ewan McGregor for the famous celebrity one. I’d be too nervous about making a good impression to handle the Pope or Hillary Clinton.
My LIEBSTER AWARD Nominees
My Questions for the Nominees to Answer
1. What are your favourite road trip movies?
2. What songs are on your road trip playlist?
3. What has been your favourite holiday/vacation destination?
4. Where could you go if you could go anywhere in the world?
5. What was your favourite trip as a child?
6. Do you have any favourite road trip books? If not, what’s your fave book?
7. And your ultimate road trip would be…?
8. Do you like hiking? If so, your fave hike!
9. Who is your favourite travel companion, or do you prefer travelling alone?
10. What is the most annoying thing about travelling?
11. What place would you recommend me to check out next?