There are so many places I want to see on the planet, and so little time and money. Until my novels start publishing and I make a ton of money and have book tours, I will just have to dream and allow my imagination to travel.
So what is on my Bucket List of Traveling? In no particular order, 20 places I want to visit before I die.
- Visit Every Province in Spain. As of June 1, 2014, I only have five left. I have a trip to Huesca planned that will be most likely be published before this one. So that leaves me Lugo and Ourense in Galicia, Zamora in Castilla y León, Santa Cruz de Tenerife in the Canary Islands, and Albacete, cagate y vete (shit and leave just doesn’t have the same rhyme, sorry). I have set foot in Albacete during a bus stop of 20 minutes and had lunch there, but I am not sure that counts.
- Morocco. I want to see the Sahara Desert and set foot on Africa. I also want to see the Pyramids of Egypt and go way down south to see the African Safari.
- Set foot on all 5/7 continents. Depending on who you talk to, there are 5 or 7 continents. I’m going to go with the American definition to get me to more places.
- Argentina. Buenos Aires, La tierra de fuego, and Iguazu Falls.
- Perú for Maccu Piccu.
- Chile, just because the people there seem really cool.
- Drive Route 66.
- Drive the TransCanadian Highway.
- Hike the Camino de Santiago del Norte, along the North Coast of Spain. Hey, that is starting in July with any luck!
- Scandanavia. Especially the Norwegian fjords, but I want to visit every country that pertains to Scandanvia.
- TransSiberian Railroad.
- A return to Greece for the Islands and to see Meteora.
- San-Michele in France.
- Have the cajones to hitchhike, just for the experience.
- I haven’t mentioned Australia, as I thought it would be obvious on my goal to visit every continent, but…
- Istambul, Turkey. I won’t tell them I’m a journalism major. Do they still forbid journalists?
- Prague and Vienna. I think next spring, I will travel here and include Germany.
- Cinque Terre in Italia. I’m looking at September if I have the money.
- I reserve this for any cool place that comes my way.
What is on your Bucket List of Travels?